Hong Kong Airlines Cancellation Policy and Refund Services
Sometimes it is very difficult to break the cancellation and refund policies of Hong Kong airlines, but fortunately, Hong Kong Airlines mentions its policy very clearly. In case you need to cancel the ticket then you need a refund, so follow the guidelines below.
What are the cancellation and refund policies of Hong Kong Airlines?
- The customer can cancel the reservation online if:
- The flight was originally booked from http://www.hongkongairlines.com/
- The user is canceling the entire trip.
- Cancellation is made before two hours of departure.
- Of the customers who need to cancel a flight reservation with a reward:
The customer has requested partial cancellation
Hong Kong Airlines Cancellation Policy Guide
- The customer can take the help of the corresponding Ticket Refund Request Form to request his refund, then return to the tool at any time to know the status of the information.
- The customer must request a refund for a ticket and the customer has not yet traveled, so it is important to do so through the original point of purchase.
- If you have made the reservation on http://www.hongkongairlines.com/, the reservation can be made through the cancellation policy of Hong Kong Airlines.
- If the customer cancels a fully refundable rate, the refund will begin immediately.
- If the reservation is made directly with a Hong Kong Airlines agent, or if a customer cancels a reservation for which an upgrade was completed, it is recommended that they contact Hong Kong Airlines directly.
- If the reservation is made by a travel agency or another airline, they must return to request a refund.
- This was the following information by which customers can find out about Hong Kong Airlines ‘cancellation policy and refund services, if more details about Hong Kong Airlines’ cancellation policy are needed, please contact customer service or visit the official website.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, flight cancellation is very common these days but getting a refund is a cumbersome process. Hence below is the Hong Kong airlines refund policy for your reference:
- For online refund eligibility, your ticket must have a prefix 851 and must be purchased online from the official website of Hong Kong Airlines, Hong Kong mobile app.
- According to Hong Kong airlines refund policy, the ticket with prefix 851 purchased on Hong Kong Official website or official mobile app 7 days or more before the flight departure is eligible for a full refund without any charges but for this, the refund request must be placed within 24 hours from booking.
- In the above case, if the payment is made via credit card, then your refund request will be processed within 7 business days.
- And, if the payment is made in cash or by check then the airlines will take 20 business days to process the refund.
- If the ticket is canceled beyond the 24-hour window then some cancellation and refund charges will be applicable based on the airline’s fare rules.
- In case, the ticket is not purchased through any of the above methods, then you can visit the ticket issuing office or your travel agency to get a refund.
After understanding the Hong Kong airline refund policy,
let us see how we can cancel the Hong Kong airline flight online?
- On Hong Kong airline’ official website, visit ”Manage Booking” and submit your e-ticket number, last name, and first name.
- Go to the cancel booking link and select the flight to needs to be canceled and click confirm.
- You will receive a confirmation message on the registered contact number.
- Then go to “Refund Application” under the “Plan and Book” tab on the home page and place your refund request.