Want to cancel your Volaris airlines’ flight?
Here is a compact guide for your assistance!
Due to the ongoing COVID pandemic, travel plans have become highly volatile. Hence, to protect you from any hassle later at the time of cancellation, we have come up with a Volaris cancellation and refund policy so that you can stay updated with the recent changes in Volaris airline’s policies.
Volaris Airlines Cancellation policy
The situation post-Covid is different and since the pandemic has affected the airlines poorly, hence according to the updated Volaris Airlines cancellation policy, no flights can be canceled except for flights from /to the USA that can be canceled within 24 hours of booking provided that the cancellation is made before check-in. Moreover, if the flight to/from the USA is booked just before 24 hours from the departure time, then the airlines must be informed about the reason for not traveling a maximum of 3 hours before the departure.
If your flight is canceled by the airlines due to extraordinary circumstances or due to guidelines issued by regulatory authorities, then your ticket amount and additional services (seats, hotels, cars, etc) amount can be stored in electronic form and can be used for future booking within 12 months from the departure date.
In case, you won’t be able to travel on a stipulated date due to COVID or any other genuine reason, then you can always make unlimited changes to your travel dates, destination, or itinerary valid till 12 months but cannot cancel your flight with Volaris airlines.
However, in case of a death of a passenger, compensation for the booked flight can be claimed but for that airlines need to be contacted and a death certificate for the same must be provided.
Volaris Airlines Refund policy
Currently, compensation will be provided only to passengers of flights from/to the USA. No refunds will be provided if the passenger is not present for the scheduled flight departure. If you are unable to travel then you must contact the airlines.
How to cancel Volaris airlines?
As already discussed above, no flights except flights from/to the USA can be canceled but these can be changed or rescheduled as per the prevailing situation. So, if you wish to change or reschedule your flight due to any reason, then here the steps for the same:
- First, visit the Volaris airlines’ official website on your preferred web browser or download Volaris airlines’ mobile application from the play store
- Now, if you are a frequent flyer, then you can easily change your flight using your login credentials.
- Otherwise, directly jump to the manage my trips section and enter your booking number and passenger name.
- Then search for your flight booking and click on the change tab.
- Now, you can edit your travel dates or destination place, pay the change fee (if applicable) and save your changes.
- Finally, you will receive a flight change message on your registered email or phone number.
- If you didn’t receive any flight change confirmation on your phone or email or confront any issues while changing your flight, then contact Volaris airlines toll-free number (+1)-(888)-(829)-(0822).
What is Volaris airline’s cancellation fee?
With Volaris airlines, you can avail every inflight service at a much lower price. And if we talk about Volaris cancellation fee, it is much cheaper and nominal when compared to other airlines. Although the Volaris cancellation fees vary from passenger to passenger as it is calculated on the basis of cancellation time, passenger route, and class, here are some essential points on Volaris airlines cancellation fee for your reference:
- In the case of international flights, no cancellation fee will be applicable and a full refund will be provided if you cancel your flight 60 days before the scheduled departure. However, a fee of $100-$400 may be imposed if the flights are canceled within 7 days from the date of departure
- Zero cancellation fee, if the domestic flight is canceled within 24 hours of ticket purchase. But if the departure time falls within 24 hours of booking, then the cancellation fee will not be charged only within 3 hours of booking the flight.
- A fee of $75 will be imposed if you cancel your flight after 24 hours of purchasing the ticket. But if the flight is canceled within 48 hours from departure, then $100-$500 may be charged as a cancellation fee based on your route and cabin class.
The cancellation fee above may vary and the airlines may charge a higher fee, hence you can contact the Volaris airlines staff either on phone or at the airport to know more about the cancellation fee structure.